Tracy Morgan is back! The former 30 Rock star will hit the road for the first time since his tragic car accident.
On June 8, 2014 Tracy Morgan was returning home from a performance in Delaware when disaster hit. According to the police report, a tractor trailer struck the limo bus carrying Tracy. The multi-vehicle accident that left one dead, five others in critical condition and Tracy with a broken nose, femur, and several ribs. Initially, doctors weren’t sure if Tracy Morgan would ever walk again but after undergoing extensive surgery and rehabilitation, he would return to the limelight.
His first big appearance since the accident came during the 2015 Emmy Awards as a surprise presenter for Outstanding Drama Series and just last week, hosted Saturday Night Live. This was the first time Tracy performed on stage in over 16 months. Judging by his performance, the New York native is more than ready to make his return. The comedian seamlessly slipped back into character — proving he hasn’t lost his touch.
The multi-city tour will take Tracy Morgan across North America to locations like New York, Las Vegas, Boston, and Honolulu. Check out the full 2016 Tracy Morgan Tour schedule.
In light of Tracy Morgan’s return to the big stage, here’s a list of celebrity comebacks.
- Dale Earnhardt, Jr. – The fact that Junior ever got behind the wheel of a racecar again is an accomplishment in itself. Dale Jr’s father, the great Dale Earnhardt Sr. was killed at the Daytona International Speedway during a race in 2001. After the tragic loss, Dale Jr. would go on to become a two-time Daytona 500 winner and is one of the most famous NASCAR drivers in the world.
- Liam Neeson – The sudden and unexpected death of his wife, Natasha Richardson left the Hollywood star in shock and disbelief. Instead of shying away, Neeson dove into his work and became one of Hollywood’s most sought after actors, starring in blockbuster hits like ‘The Dark Knight,’ ‘Taken,’ and ‘The A-Team.’
- Jennifer Hudson – The American Idol star had to deal with one of the worst tragedies of them all. Jennifer’s mother, brother, and 7-year-old-nephew was shot and killed in a jealous rage by her former brother-in-law in 2008. Jennifer took a short hiatus after the tragedy and would go on to win the Grammy for best R&B Album.
- Frank Mir – Everything seemed to being going right for the UFC heavyweight. In 2004, the 25 year old Frank Mir had just become the UFC Heavyweight Champion when he was hit by a car while riding his motorcycle. The accident left Mir with a broken femur and tore all the ligaments in his knee. Frank Mir would recover and go on to become the winningest heavyweight in UFC history.
- Michael Vick – The Atlanta Falcons quarterback had just signed a $100 million contract. The next thing you know, the former number one pick was facing a 23 month jail sentence for his role in a dog-fighting operation. Very few teams would even consider Vick when he emerged from jail, but the Philadelphia Eagles took a chance on him. Michael would work his way back to the top, earning the 2010 NFL Comeback Player of the Year Award.
- Adrian Peterson
- Josh Hamilton
- Travis Barker
- Robert Downey Jr.
- Tyler Perry